Veterans: 10 Reasons They’re the Right Hire
Thousands of veterans return home from the battlefield each year — many to Michigan and many with no clear plan for what to do next. With thousands of available jobs, manufacturers can help our hometown heroes move forward. The military is an often underutilized source of incredible talent! Veterans possess the skills your business needs and they are ready to go to work
10 Reasons to Hire a Veteran
- Accelerated learning curve — Veterans have the proven ability to learn new skills and concepts while entering the workforce already masters of key skills.
- You obtain proven leaders — The military trains people to lead by example as well as through direction, delegation, motivation and inspiration. They understand the dynamics of an effective chain of command.
- Veterans understand teamwork — Teamwork grows out of the responsibility a person has to their colleagues and success in the field demands trust among teammates.
- They promote diversity and inclusion — Veterans have worked alongside individuals of all races, genders and ethnic backgrounds.
- Performance under pressure — Veterans know the rigors of tight schedules and limited resources and how important it is to focus on a task through to its completion.
- Respect for procedures — An organization is only as efficient as the procedures and processes in place and the military teaches all soldiers to be accountable for their role in a larger system.
- Awareness of technological trends — Veterans are usually well aware of the latest advancements in technology, a mindset essential in a manufacturing industry that is becoming more technological with each generation.
- Integrity — Veterans know the meaning of the phrase “an honest day’s work” and can be trusted to act as public faces for your business.
- Conscious of health and safety standards — The awareness of health and safety protocols learned in service to America can translate easily to an industry where safety and health compliance is a top priority.
- Undeterred by adversity — Veterans have proven their ability to get things done under the toughest of circumstances with endurance, stamina and flexibility in the face of adversity
Veterans Day Wednesday, November 11, 2015
Source: U.S. Department of Labor and the Manufacturing Institute
To read entire article click here.
Original article posted in the Mimfg magazine, October issue.